Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hello from Jackson!


We are having tons of fun!!

Monday we went to Yellowstone. We saw Old Faithful and all of the upper geyser basin. I love the Morning Glory Pool. I fell in love with it as a kid. It isn't as blue as it was because people have thrown things into it and blocked it's source. We saw lots of animals but no bears. We explored Old Faithful Lodge. It was cool. Found out to stay there isn't a bad price but you have to do reservations atlease 13 months in advance. On May 1st they will open reservations for 2012. They will likely be sold out before May 2nd. I found a perfect t-shirt for Sean we may have to go back and get. Dang I was dumb not to get it.

Tuesday we went to Jenny Lake and Jackson Lake Lodge. That was lots of fun. At Jenny Lake we took the boat across and hiked to Hidden Falls. Can I just say, my feet HATE me. Oh, do they hurt!!!!. It was worth it though.

That night we went to the only thing we had planned for sure. We went to the Bar J Wrangler chuck wagon dinner and show. It was so fun. We met some folks from Indiana and some from Ogden. It was cafeteria seating. We was a blast. Highly recommend it if any of you get a chance.

Yesterday we were lazy! My feet are recovering. I slept until almost noon. We did drive to Teton Village. It was too stormy to ride the tram. We could have spent the money but seen nothing due to the cloud cover. We came back here and vegged. We went to the grocery store. We got here with the great tomatos Heather gave us and had nothing to cut them with. Anyway, we went to the pool area. Dad swam but the pool was alittle to cold for me. I sat in a salt water hot tub. I have a new nickname, Corky. There was no way I could stay down. The minute I wasn't concentrating to stay seated I popped to the top. Sure felt good though. The real hot tub is outside.

Today we are going to shop in Jackson. There are tons of shops. They even have a Christmas shop, Yea!!! I fell in love with this town as a kid too. It was like magic with the wooden sidwalks etc. Of course, it has grown and become commercialized since then. I hope I'm not disappointed

Well, I better go. Dad has brought me breakfast. He goes to the diningroom and then brings me a plate. I just laze around the room and get ready (and write to you) while he goes to eat. I am just not a breakfast first thing kind of person.

Sean, the place we camped with my folks if called Flagg Ranch. It has really changed. It is very commercialized. The part we stayed in has actually been closed. Atlease it is right now. They may open it in the summer.

Hope you are all doing well. We are having lots of fun.

Love you all,

Mom

No comments: