Tuesday, July 28, 2009

So much for keeping up with everyone!

And no, this wasn't a chastisement for you. It was for me because I was the one that talked it all up and here it's been over a month (possible closer to two) since the last past I did. I am so sorry. Here's the goings on in our home: busy, crazy and busy. Does that help anyone? Just kidding!

For Brent, nothing has changed. Work, school work and calling mixed in there. He did go to Scout Camp earlier this month with Morgan and the rest of the Scout Troop. Work is still keeping him very busy and often comes home just to get right back on the computer. Oh well, at least he's home and I can still chat with him.

Morgan just finished Scout Camp and was able to pass off several merit badges while there. He has also talked with a sister in our ward that works at a preschool to see if they have any projects that they would like to have done that he can do for an Eagle project. He is so excited about it and wants to be the youngest person in our ward to get his Eagle. If he stays on track and gets his project done before the end of August, it's a huge possibility.

Britt and Jesse are taking a leisure summer. They are both participating in the libraries reading program and outside of Activity Days, nothing much is happening for them. Actually, we just picked up a sewing pattern for sleep pants and material and I'm going to teach them how to sew. That should be fun. I'm so excited to share one of the things that I love to do.

Kate is still growing like a weed. However, she's not a big as hew cousin who is 3 months younger than she is. He's got at least a good 4 inches on her. Oh well, we can't all be tall right?

And for me, this past weekend, I had the opportunity to participate in Pioneer Youth Trek. Most of the trek families this year were lead by husband and wife couples this year except for the trek family I was in. A sister in another ward and I were introduced as the "widows" for this trek and given 7 children, one married couple and one set of grandparents to help along the way. It was an amazing adventure, not to mention hard, hot and very exhausting but well worth every bite, bump and bruise I have to show for it now. I love serving with the youth and being able to attend trek with them helped to strengthen connections I didn't even know were there. I have walked away a better person for myself, my family and my calling. If any of you every get the opportunity to participate in a trek, do it. It won't be easy but it will be worth it.

Love you guys and I hope that you're having a wonderful summer.

Nicole

1 comment:

~~heather said...

Oh I am so jealous! I want to go on a trek SOOO much!! I know it is not likely with my heart, but I dream about it non the less! LOL
Sounds like you have had a crazy summer! Tell Morgan to go for it!! What a great goal!