Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dorius' too

Hi! Me too. Slacker that I am. LOL. Actually I have been too busy to even keep up on my own blog very well! *grin*

We have had a really rough patch. There has just not been much work since late Dec. Jestin has had one bigger job in Sundance, but they dont like to pay on time, and so we have had months were everything is late being paid and it feels like we will never catch up! He has had a little more work trickle in, but without the funds to meet supply needs for the next jobs it is hard! Being self employed really bites as of late.

I have been working my GUTS out in Real Estate. We (my partner Maria and I) have over 9 active clients... 3 under contract... 3 listings etc! We have worked hard! But nothing is closing. Obama and his brilliant policies have made it virtually impossible to close the home buying process because the banks aren't lending and it is a mess!! Even our client with $100k down is struggling to close. HE IS A FREAKIN IDIOT! I am so discouraged by where our new Pres. is taking this great nation of ours. Jestin calls him the Anti Christ. I am not sure that he isn't far off. :( At any rate it is really discouraging to put your heart and soul into your work for months and months on end with nothing to show for it. And to boot the subdivision we have worked over a year in, the one that had the Parade of Homes home... we were suppose to recieve a commision on that sale (the P of H) and the builder has not paid. He is lying to my broker and it is just a mess. We have pulled off the project. And the clients that I have been working with on that one have found a new home (one of the ones under contract) and the others are not far behind. It is so disheartening. BUT! The real estate market IS picking back up. There are a few banks lending and I just hope some of them include OUR people. :)

The kids are great! They are loving summer. I have horrible guilt because with lack of funds for fuel or anything else we have done VERY little in the way of fun. We went camping with Ma & Dad for Cody's birthday... that was a blast! Ma was SO in her element! We need to go again SOON!

Emma and Cam have decided to go back to public school this fall. I am somewhat relieved and sad all at the same time. Cody still wants to stay home and learn. Caleb is signed up for Preschool, but he may be moved to one here at the elementary - he needs some speech therapy. We are waiting to see what the district will do.

Well... I better go. Real estate is calling. Have a great day!

No comments: