Monday, December 15, 2008

Dorius Family Update - warning kinda grumpy LOL!

We are hectic as ever at our house! Between our two businesses, busy church callings, illness and christmas/december madness we hardly ever stop!

The kids had stomach flu early in the week and I had many adventures in carpet cleaning - joy joy! *grin* Then Cam and Cody had bad sore throats and headaches - Caleb was the one that started the stomach flu - was well for a day or two and started a nasty cold! Cameron started what looked like pink eye on friday - it cleared up with antibiotic drops the next day and then Emma's eyes started! She too started the drops and I pray we are passed it! (pink eye t-e-r-r-i-f-i-e-s me - that is what triggered my last bad case of A-fib! :O waaa! No! No! NO!) They all seem to be on the up and up this new Monday - though now Jess and I are struggling... fer the love!

This last week/weekend has been the worst I must say! I had to coordinate and pull off a Primary activity & coordinating all the class lists/callings so we could put on a teacher prep class for the new year last night. (the pri. pres. had her baby this week and the other counselor and secretary are due in a few weeks so I am not sure it will get better before it gets worse!) I had to coordinate the Ward Christmas Party Program that night that got dumped in my lap! ack! I hoola hooped to "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" with the Activities committee (what the ___ was I thinking?? I never caught my breath after that!) Then I was the "primary song leader" in a skit the bishopric did (Jess had to miss because he was so ill- I felt so bad!) and that was nice and embarrassing! It was hoot tho! Then I set up and pulled off the nativity scene and Santa claus all tied into one that REALLY turned out quite well! I was pleased with the results and the Spirit it brought! I also ran the curtains. Whew! By the time I helped with as much clean up as I could, I knew I was so done that I might not be able to drive myself & Emma home! I had WAY over done. I walked in the door and laid down on the couch and could not move for over 45 minutes - I hurt so badly! My heart was pounding so hard I wanted to puke and thought my head was going to explode. It was...umm...not so fun. *wink*

After laying down for 45 minutes I took my blood pressure it was 138/90 (I think) (Thanks again Jen! It is so nice to have that little machine here at home!) Anyway it was WAY higher than I am used to! And that was after laying down! Oye! Jess was so mad at me.

Sunday was just as busy - we both had ward counsel in the AM, church meetings, teacher training and then a powow with the Elders Quorum Pres hoping to find names that we can pray about - I got home yesterday around 7 pm and was a mess... I had horrid chills and aches - and all night I was miserable! Ugh! This makes 5 days straight of body aches every day - how annoying is that??

I also had my FLYSistahs Christmas party earlier in the weekend in SLC friday night and was there until almost 2am - one of them had some major meltdown (and rightly so :( ) but it made for "really? I am sorry you are in need of a good friend right now- but I gotta go home" kinda not such a good plan. So I stayed. I was slapping myself on the drive home and hoping I wouldn't sleep through the set up the next AM for the Primary Activity!

Jess has a monster chest cold & is just plain miserable - I am affraid it is pneumonia - he coughs until he almost throws up (and has a time or two) and just plain sounds terrible! (and deep down I am terrified Cam will get it.... :( ack! I am disinfecting like a mad woman!) I went this afternoon and helped Jess pull a main power feed through garage trusses - what a joke! He was too weak to push normally - I was too weak to pull like I wanted to and it was cold and that big fat wire did not want to budge more than a nano inch with each full exertion we could muster. Aye! It was pathetic. It took hours!! We finally said a prayer and asked for help. And then it slowly came! It was lovely - and I kept sensing that Jessie's Great Grandpa Allman (the one who married Grandma Lucas' sister) was there... though he was worried about Jessie and wanting us to quit. *sigh* The problem is you don't tell Jess to quit - when he has said he will do something - he does it - and his ambition never ends I tell ya! I feel so blessed by it and cursed by it other times...LOL! Silly sick man! I had to leave him there to get home for the kids - so I hope he is doing ok now - he *had* to the get the feed wired into the panel or the homeowner would be without power tonight.

Wow this post seems whiny! I guess I needed to "get it off my chest" LOL! I am feeling a bit better myself today - though my throat is sore and achy. Ah! The goodness winter brings with it! Yippe. I am going to go fold the mountain of laundry and get the boys sheets washed for the upteenth time this week. LOVE and SQUISHIES to all!

Brent & Nicole - I forwarded Morgans story to my neighbors and friends - they are all so proud of him too! It really is neat!

Sean - I am sorry I didn't call you back the other day - I should be home and available tommorow Am - LOL - if you still need me now! bwahaha "go Heather!" allrightythen.

Jenny & Clint - I hope Clint is feeling better and his shoulder is healing well! Post an update when you can... been thinking about you when I lay in bed at night and think "man! I still haven't called to check on him!" I suck. I know.

Mom and Dad - Jess hasn't forgotten your fence repair - it bugs him daily! He will get there eventually!

Love,
Heather

No comments: