Monday, September 29, 2008

An apology

I appreciate Brent's diplomatic approach. There is was no contention on my part in the least in these discussions and I want to apologize immediately if any of you felt that as a result of anything I may have said. I just know how hard it has been my whole married life to juggle so many families, and the guilt that is involved in it and wanted to have the opportunity to have some concrete plans in place for this part of our family before the other sides starts planning theirs.

I will go with whatever you all decide... aside from Christmas morning as we made a promise as husband and wife that that would be our sacred time. (I am very sad that others cannot enjoy that opportunity as well, I don't mean to make anyone feel badly about it... I was simply stating a commitment we made that we honor in our home. -one that one side of our family took horribly and we were ostrasized for a couple of years for)

I do not mean to push/plan the holidays. I just know in the past without someone taking the reins it doesn't happen and we can't function on last minute... it just doesn't work out most times (course often the Dorius' curse kicks in and we can't do plans either... ha ha) and I just wanted to be sure that, where we can all be together this year, I could in good faith say that we have plans before Jess' family tries to figure out their "dance" as well.

You all go ahead and plan and let me know what you decide. I just can't do contention if there is going to be any... I just can't. I will be happy with whatever you all decide. :) ~~heather

No comments: