Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Surprise

Hey to Everyone,

As most of you know I graduated last October from DeVry University and landed a job at Boeing in February. Well a few things have come from this:

1) We are better off financially and I have to say really blessed that Nikki has the mindset of paying things off so that we can be debt free and have a savings. Were not there yet but getting closer daily.

2) It has allowed me to be home in the evenings which is something I have not been able to do realistically in years and I am really enjoying being with my wife and family. I think they also really enjoy seeing dad more often then just the weekends.

3) It has given me a better perspective on technology and an ease that has allowed me to accept several opportunities to serve. The most recent is that I am working on a small database for the Seattle Temple so that they know who can speak a foreign language and when they are available to assist in ordinances at the Temple.

4) It has made me realize that even though I thought I would be good at it, I am not a programmer! Therefore I have a surprise:

Some of you may know already but for those of you who don't I am going back to school. I am going to go to Keller Graduate School of Management for my MBA (Masters of Business) with a concentration in Project Management. I will also be able to take the test to become a PMP (Project Management Professional) which will be a globally recognized certification. There are many things that make this exciting and I have the support of my beautiful wife in this decision. One of the best things is that I will not have to pay a penny as Boeing will pick up the entire bill as long as I keep my grades up. WOO HOO....


Anyway, hope all is well with all of you. Have a Great Day!

Brent

No comments: