Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Christmas Gifts

Hi family! I am wondering if we have decided on what to do for Christmas this year. We are really unable to do much - so I was wondering if we did exchange family names if we could try and do something hand made or of sentimental value and such? Of if we should just know we love each other deeply and skip gifts?

I am trying to convince my in laws to that as well... LOL We will see! I would rather give Santa the chance to visit our kids this year...

Am I rotten to think this way? Input would be appreciated :)

2 comments:

Nicole Stoddard said...

Hey Heather - This is a tough economy for everyone. We understand and support whatever works for everyone. We're ok with either way. Just let us know.

No, you're not rotten. You're mind is on your budget and keeping your finances stable. We understand and we like being able to focus on the kids and the Spirit of Christmas.

Something we did in our family, instead of exchanging store bought gifts, we did gifts of service. Those gifts could be actual service (like doing a chore for them) or make something they could use. For example, with pierced ears, the girls now have multiple pairs of earrings so my dad helped me make the girls hanging earrings holders. For Morgan, I made a scrapbook of his fire rescue (I think everyone saw that last year). For Brent, I took all his CD's and downloaded them onto his music file for his cellphone. For me, it was a special Christmas because I was able to do things that had more meanings. I loved it and I think the kids had fun trying to come up with things they could do. It was an awesome experience.

Katina said...

That would work for us as well either the gifts of service or homemade ones. We completely understand the store bought kind not being in the budget and I also think it would add to the spirit of Christmas if the kids really had to think about the presents and what they mean this year.